Crescendo is a powerful and precise premium wireless speaker system, featuring dual audiophile quality Folded Motion™ tweeters and a 5×7-inch mid/bass woofer for a deep, extended bass response. At the core of the Crescendo is an advanced 24-bit 48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. The Crescendo is capable of reproducing sound with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail—the inspiration behind every Martin Logan design.
The dedicated in-house design and engineering team created the ultimate table-top speaker system in a sleek, compact design without compromising sound quality. Taking a “no-compromise” approach, the Crescendo features premium construction and design elements not typically found in similar speakers.
MartinLogan has always blended Science with Art, and the Crescendo is no exception. Designed to fit a modern decor, MartinLogan utilizes high-quality materials and finishes to give Crescendo a furniture and artwork like appearance. The result is striking.
The dense cabinet enclosure, wrapped in either high-gloss piano black paint or real-wood walnut veneer, floats atop a sturdy aluminum stand and looks comfortably at home in any decor where aesthetics are as important as sound quality. A cleanly integrated, front mounted control panel allows quick access to power, input and volume controls.
For across the room control, Crescendo includes a custom remote control built from black anodized extruded aluminum.
Six input methods allow for connection of virtually any device:
- Wi-Fi – connect AirPlay capable devices wirelessly (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or a computer with iTunes) to stream audio.
- Bluetooth – connect Bluetooth capable devices wirelessly to stream audio. Bluetooth V4.0 supports SBC, MP3, AAC, and apt-X®.
- Wired Ethernet – audio information can be sent over a LAN to the Crescendo using various protocols (such as AirPlay or DLNA)
- USB – connect compatible Apple devices and use the Crescendo as an audio dock and charger. The USB connection was designed to rapidly charge a variety of devices.
- Analog – any device that has an analog audio output can connect to the auxiliary analog input via a 3.5mm headphone style jack.
- Optical digital – any device that has a digital optical output can connect to the auxiliary digital input with the included mini-Toslink optical adapter (analog and digital connections share the same input).